There are 10 things that couples planning a romantic getaway to Austin should make sure to include in their itinerary. The list includes a mix of restaurants, bars, hotels, tours and other activities.
All of the items on the list could be experienced in a long weekend, more time would allow for a bit more appreciate of each of the stops and for even more exploration of the city. Though the list could be tackled any time of year, it's best to visit during the fall or spring, when temperatures are not extreme.
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
- Lake Austin Spa Resort
- Driskill Hotel
- The Oasis Restaurant & Bar at Lake Travis
- Hudson's on the Bend Restaurant
- Duchman Family Winery in Driftwood
- Green Pastures Restaurant
- Austin Museum of Art at Laguna Gloria
- Die Gelbe Rose Carriage Ride Downtown
- Mount Bonnell Park
Austin is a three-hour drive from either Houston or Dallas and just an hour and half from San Antonio. The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is located just 15 minutes from downtown and is serviced by Southwest Airlines, Continental Airlines and others.