TV and film stars attended the GBK and Pilot Pen Pre-Golden Globes Gift Lounge last weekend to see the hottest gifts, good and gems at L’Ermitage Hotel. Celebrity guests included: RJ Smitte (“Breaking Bad”), Joshua Malina (“Scandal”), Jesse Williams (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Dot Marie Jones (“Glee”), Elena Sanchez (“Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), Jim O’Heir (“Parks and Recreation”), Keith Powell (“30 Rock”), Kelsey Scott (“12 Years a Slave”), Lesley Nicol (“Downton Abbey”), Madison McKinley (“Wolf of Wall Street”) and many more.
To take you there, we put together a Top 10 list of Golden Globes Celebrity Gifts, Good and Gems that caught our eye. From The Artisan Group, Blow Hookah, Burke Williams and more, this was an exciting celebration poolside on a perfect day in Beverly Hills.
1. The Artisan Group Gift Bags – Honestly, the best gifts came from The Artisan Group. Their mission is to showcase the best of the handcrafted movement to Hollywood, and they gave guests a beautiful bag full of handcrafted gifts. The group provides artists with the opportunity to showcase their work to celebrities, industry leaders and members of the press through major award gifting suites such as the Golden Globes, Academy Awards and Primetime Emmys, and you can see their display in this VIDEO: The Artisan Group at 2014 Golden Globes: http://youtu.be/POcJnjYFSW0
Several of The Artisan Group artists showcased at this event included: Zoe and Piper (Namaste necklace), Bead Lovers Korner (Swarovski crystal earrings), Sugar & Type notecard designs with flavor, Studio Jewel by Lisa Lehmann, Ethereal Energy stone necklace from mother nature, The Nib and Quill vintage inspired journals by Kristi Baker, BeezNeez Designs notecards, Jewelry by Lucinda de Castro beaded and brass necklace, Megs Broken Wings necklace, G Dots Creation earrings, Essensu holistic skincare, Bonny Bubbles silky deodorant powder, Jembsy JB and Company unique handcrafted jewelry, Nina VanHouten Jewellery @ninavhouten gold dipped sea urchin inspired earrings, angsanaseeds photo cards
2. BLOW Hookah - We also spoke to the Founder of BLOW Hookah, Fritz Graf, who was demonstrating their popular smoking alternative poolside. BLOW is a revolutionary electronic hookah company, redefining nightlife, and breaking boundaries with the World’s First Electronic Hookah TM. They gifted a Special Edition Golden Globe GOLD BLOW ONE personal portable mini hookah, along with a proprietary USA made V-Smoke e-liquid. They also gifted their high-end products to celebrities who LOVED their booth. Everyone also received a BLOW STIX, which is a disposable flavored hookah stick that lasts up to 600 puffs (We received Blueberry Mint and Molly Rancher.) Both products are ranked #1 in California and offer the latest high tech and quality on the market. If you’re looking for a safer alternative to smoking without the smoke, tar, mess, charcoal, or fire hazard, then Blow Hookah could be your answer. Check out their Video inside the LURE Nightclub: http://youtu.be/Dr4Muexlz9Y
3. Bulgarini Gourmet Gelato to die for! – Standing poolside, we were then served the best Italian gelato that you’ve dreamed about by our friends from Roma. This Bulgarini Gourmet Gelato was uniquely paired with liquor, and they dipped our promengranite icecream cube in beer. Their gifts included a Bulgarini Cremino’s (gelato bars covered in chocolate presented on a stick) take-home pack (OMG, so good!) and a $150 gift certificate to be used in their Alltadena or Culver City stores. You may have read about them in the LA Times or Wall Street Journal, and they have locations in the US, Italy and Germany.
4. Burke Williams Spa - Who doesn’t love a star-studded luxurious spa like Burke Williams? Well we fell in love with the “H2V Spa Gloss” gifted at this event. This ultra-sheer yet, vibrant gloss was presented in three blissful shades including the plum gloss, “primp” for that sophisticated look, a pink gloss “pamper” for a fun, playful everyday look, and “classic” a beautiful clear gloss to bring some radiant shine to your lips!
5. Tweezerman - The industry’s top makeup artists have been using Tweezerman products for years. We spoke to Joshua Malina ("Scandal") at their booth, and were excited to bring home some beauty precision tools such as the Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set to maintain that “perfect brow look.” We also want to highlight the Tweezerman Grip & Snip Spiral Spring Cuticle Nipper, that helps you maintain cuticles inbetween routine manis and pedis! A special thanks to the “Beauty Tool Experts” at Tweezerman!
6. Luminita Jewelry by Design - What girl doesn’t love a one of a kind piece of jewelry? Seattle jeweler, Luminita, puts a contemporary twist on fine jewelry in two collections: Twisted and Candied. Luminita’s signature trademark is its magnetic clasp on beaded necklaces and bracelets, which makes putting the jewelry on and off super easy!
7. Emergency Link - This Emergency ID network was there to educate people on their 24 hour response service, and gave celebrities glutten-free cookies by The Bakestress. They’re also doing good by donating $100 to the Red Cross for each new celebrity member.
8. Made by Survivors – We also found several non-profits at this event, including Made by Survivors. When we interviewed Sarah Simmons, she explained, “Made by Survivors is an international charity helping women and girls to get out of some of the most serious human rights abuses facing women such as human trafficking, child marriage,…we help them get out of the situations,..and then we train them as some of the first silversmiths in India and it enables them to have a college level salary, transforms their identity, family and community.” When we asked about the numbers, Sarah added, “In slavery, there are about 29 million girls. In child marriage, at least 100 million girls.” And these numbers represent a huge issue that impacts our global economy and women empowerment, and leads into our next charity we interviewed.
9. GWEN: Global Women’s Entertainment Network – We met the founder of GWEN Network, a non-profit transforming lives beyond abuse. GWEN Founder Tess Cacciatore poolside, shared that February 27th is the launch of their world premiere film “Road to Redemption” filmed in Ghana with filmmaker Jeta Amata. Tess added, “On that day, we are also launching GWEN with 9 channels with original programming for men, women and children for all ages.”
10. Yoplait Greek Yogurt - And of course, no gifting suite is complete without refreshments. In addition to the gifts and good, many gourmet food companies took care of the guests. We were on the run so we grabbed so Yoplait Greek Yogurt that had a full on fruit bar as toppings. This delightful treat comes in blueberry, cherry, coconut, pineapple, raspberry, and strawberry.
Many thanks to the GBK team for putting this celebration of TV and film. We were fortunate to meet Gavin B Kelly, CEO GBK, and talk to him about our Goody Awards for social good. And big thanks to Liz Fraley, Entertainment Reporter, who contributed to this golden recap.
© Liz H Kelly, National Digital Entertainment Columnist and Goody Awards Founder http://goodyawards.com