Another October has crept upon us where the only dilemma in your mind is what are you going to be this Halloween? One thing’s for sure, this year you want to coordinate with your boy and why not, there are plenty of options out there that are fun and edgy that will make you both the envy of every other couple at school. Below is a popular list of costume ideas that will make even the most timid guy want to dress up and be a part of the Halloween festivities.
1) Stitched creepy dolls - There's nothing scarier than your old raggedy doll escaping the dark shadows of your attic with all your other forgotten toys. Find old clothes you can dirty and tear/re-stitch, and don't forget to 'stitch up’ your face!
2) Psycho circus clowns - If you think dolls are creepy, wait ‘til you see the magic you can create with clown makeup. You almost don't need the jester-like outfit since this costume is more about what you can turn your face into by being artistically twisted.
3) The Great Gatsby - Whether you've read the book or just love yourself a little Leonardo DiCaprio, there's nothing more romantic than the tortured love story between Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan. Gatsby, you live in tuxedos so flash them up. Daisy, it’s the 1920's so think classy flapper girl.
4) Duct Tape - It's amazing what a little (or lots of) tape can do. When it comes to creating a costume with duct tape, there are so many options, prints, and colors that the simplest of costume ideas can make a dramatic impression. Check out http://duckbrand.com for some inspiration on all the different tape styles to choose from.
5) Duck Dynasty - Grab a duck caller and become America's most glamorous couple, Korie & Willie Robertson, from the Duck Dynasty family. Hunting camo, bandanas, lots of hair (& maybe a stuffed duck or two) is all you really need for this costume.
6) Zombie cheerleader and football player - You can never go wrong as a themed zombie duo, so what better couple than becoming the head cheerleader and captain of the football team. If you're not already on a squad or team, see if you can borrow a uniform or buy one that you can do what you want with. Add some haunting makeup with a curious twist to their fate (like a bloody football in the back), to catch those curious eyes.
7) Miley Cyrus & Robin Thicke - Miley's notorious VMA's performance with Robin Thicke is STILL one of the top trending topics nearly 2 months after. Why? Because it was awesome! For Robin Thicke, besides the shades and microphone, an old Beetlejuice costume would be ideal otherwise add white stripes to a black suit with what else-duct tape! Miley, think unitards, teddy bears, knotted pig-tails & most important, twerk your little heart out!
8) Where's Waldo - Immerse yourselves within the crowded hallways at school as one of your childhood's most beloved characters, Waldo and his female counterpart Wenda. Simply pair jeans and a denim skirt with Waldo's signature candy striped shirt, hat and glasses.
9) Dress as your teacher - Over and over again, dressing as everyone's favorite (or most despised) teacher can be the most comedic costume in school. Pinpoint a duo you know classmates would catch on to immediately (teachers from the foreign language department, math department, gym, etc.) Remember, it’s good fun to imitate someone to a certain extent but this is your teacher and you still have to abide by their rules for the rest of the year. If they don't see the comedic factor in all this, simply tell them 'imitation is the best form of flattery.'
10) Daft Punk costumes - There's something so appealing about a pair of futuristic Tron-inspired helmet men. Borrowing a 2nd suit from your man, a brother or even your dad will do, because the highlight of this costume is the bedazzled/armor gloves and ultra-modern helmets. And of course, rocking out to Daft Punk's "Get Lucky".
The most memorable costumes in my opinion are ones that are authentic and homemade. Of course if you can’t find the right costume or accessories, Spirit Halloween and Halloween City have a great selection to choose from. Have fun, be safe and creep out!