10. Trails.com - this is an excellent place to find information on trailheads, route descriptions, maps, driving directions, and guides for all of your local trails. The link I've given you is specifically for Colorado Springs and the surrounding area.
9. Backpacker Magazine - this awesome resource is the place to go to learn about remote backpacking routes and sweet destinations. Again, the link provided is specific to Colorado.
8. LocalHikes.com - think of this as being very similar to Trails.com with more trails and an older interface - still a great place to look for hikes!
7. Trails and Open Space Coalition - this group is dedicated to preserving open space and rural land in and around Colorado Springs and has been instrumental in opening spaces such as Section 16. Their website has some great resources on local hikes.
6. 14ers.com - if you're into climbing 14ers in Colorado, this is the premeir site to obtain route information. Bill Middlebrook does a fantastic job of maintaining the site and providing good data.
5. Mountain Chalet - this locally owned gear shop is the place to go for gear. Prices are a little higher than REI, but you can count on the in-store experts to get you the gear you need. Their website is also full of great resources.
4. City of Colorado Springs Trails - the City Parks & Recreation Department maintains a website which has extensive information on the local trails.
3. Intemann Trail Committee - short articles detailing local hikes and events
2. Pikes Peak Sports - a local social networking site maintained by Tim Bergsten. The site is a great way to connect with other locals interested in hiking and other outdoor activities such as running and cycling.
1. 100summits - a site maintained by the author of this article. By no means the best resource on this list, but worth mentioning for trip reports, photography, and other neat features relating to hiking and mountaineering.
I hope these local Colorado Springs hiking resources will help you get back on the trail or learn about a new area you've never explored! I'd love to know about your favorite places to hike in the Pikes Peak Region!