Click here for 2013 Full Moon Dates!
Tonight, the moon makes it through the last bit of Leo, the sign of the lion, ending in a void of course moon at midnight! The tail end of the fierce lion is just that, fierce. You can expect two ends of the spectrum at once from yourself and those around you; do not take anything too seriously at this time, or you may find yourself confused at your emotions and actions. Pisces, and other water signs, are susceptible to emotional confusion, while Leos, and other fire signs, find themselves stronger and more about themselves than usual.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that the positions of the celestial bodies are taken from actual, real-time gazing, rather than referring to a book. In fact, you might notice that the moon sign in your almanac may differ from these on some days; take a step outside and compare your book to what you see. Learning from nature is the best way to learn, and I encourage everyone to do so! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 75% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise - 10:16 pm
- Moonset - 10:33 am, Jan. 3, 2013
- Moon in Leo - The end of Leo tends to be the hardest to make it though, due to the overwhelming sense that Leo knows it's falling out of celestial power. Leo does not like to be held down or gotten rid of, so this last bit of influence will certainly reflect that energy. Be wary of conflicting emotions and ideals, both internally and externally, as well as a tendency to feel both love and dislike of people, situations, and environment. Wait until tomorrow morning to decide on new plans, new structure, and new ideas, or to kick someone out of your life. Leo rules over children, creativity, and home dealings, so all prayers and magic will work best in those fields tonight.
- Moon Void of Course - The moon will be uninfluenced starting at 12:00 am tonight, and will enter the sign of Virgo at 12:47 pm on January 3. During this time, you will feel restless, uninterested in many things, and lazy. Just relax during this time, and let it pass. Some of you might need sleeping pills. Magic and prayers will seem to go nowhere during this time, so once the clock hits midnight, save your energy until tomorrow.
- Waning Gibbous - As the light leaves the moon, so shall your affliction. Whether that affliction be pain, illness, habit, harmful energies, or small nuances, use the moon as a guide, allowing the light of the moon to be your malady and allowing and visualizing that malady to fade from your life, just as the light fades from the moon!
- Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury, this is the day of communication, understanding, mental knowledge, and swift happenings. Time might go by quickly today, and you'll notice a nice increase in conversational quality! You may also notice an increase in wanting to learn or do something intellectual! Use today to work on those social skills, mental capacities, or car problems in both mundane and spiritual ways!
- Numerology: 9 - The number 9 is an all-understanding, all-purpose number, sending those vibrations into the universe! This is a good day, undermining all of the Leo influences, so when you're alone you might notice this!
- Suggested Prayer / Spell work - Decreasing illnesses, habits, sicknesses, problems, harmful influences, harmful energies, bad memories, faulty memories, and anything you need to get rid of.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.