Tonight, the moon travels through the first half of Virgo, we find ourselves seated in personal truth, feeling as if we are fully aware of ourselves, our limits, and our personal abilities. We may even have set up a loose ranking system for our abilities in terms of someone else. We begin to gain confidence in the art of planning our day and knowing almost exactly how it will turn out. Priding ourselves on our logic, we have little doubts on how the day will pan out ahead of ourselves. Small, past conflicts seem to roll off of our backs today, as we decide our time is better spent elsewhere.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology; this means that all information and celestial positioning is taken from real-time observance of the current sky. I always encourage everyone to take a second to immerse themselves in what they are learning in order to get an amazing perspective on the subject! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 96% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise - 8:02 pm
- Moonset - 7:49 am, Thurs., Feb. 28, 2013
- Moon in Virgo - Ruled by Mercury, this mutable Earth sign, when paired with the moon, passes on vibrations of increased logic, clarity of thought, ability to analyze, a sense of realism, practicality, and the ability to understand and follow through with scheduling; in fact, even a Pisces will feel in tune with these "silly" ideas today! You may find yourself sure of how events will play out, drawing partly on increased psychic ability but mostly on logical analysis of past occurrences. Virgos usually know best, so whatever you're feeling today, in the ways of logic or understanding, go with it. If you are weak to criticism, be strong when showing your work to your boss today, if you can, because perfection is on the increase, and nitpicking often comes with that trait; this will increase throughout the day and peak tomorrow. In home life, cleaning the house is the goal of the day. Particular, mentally heavy hobbies are favored today, such as writing, knitting, and collecting, and the vibrations from Mercury give us a slight gift of gab. Work on healing the intestines and nervous system today, and fresh foods are advised for today. Metaphysically, the best workings of the day are for matters of employment, intellectual focuses, health, dietary matters, routines, mental clarity, and planning.
- Wednesday - Also ruled by Mercury, today is an excellent day for planning trips, getting in touch with family, or starting that novel you've always wanted to write! Mercury embodies the energies of healing, intelligence, divination, travel, communication, and business; with the moon in the waning phases, focus on removing obstacles from these areas.
- Waning Gibbous - The moon has started its decline back into darkness as the light of the moon decreases from day to day. This is strong symbolism for metaphysical workings. By taking the image of the light leaving the moon and coinciding it with our actual lives, we can literally remove harmful qualities from our lives. Use the mantra "As the light fades from the moon, ____ shall fade from my life as well," visualizing the moon going from the current phase to the new phase and then the harmful quality fading as the light from the moon. Visualization, emotion, and willpower are key.
- Numerology: 8 - The vibrations of the number eight are all about infinite loops, karma, success, and personal power. Note these feelings throughout the day and promote your workings to these keywords.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Removing blocks from matters of employment, intellectual focuses, health, dietary matters, routines, mental clarity, planning, healing, intelligence, divination, travel, communication, business, success, and personal power.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.