Tonight, the moon wiggles its way into Cancer, the sign of internal development, internal emotions, and seeking the internal. The moon's time in this sign pushes us live and function more like the Cancer crab, living in tune with the ocean, our emotions, and inside the protection of our shells. This is a great time to take a personal sabbatical and let your mind, body, and soul heal itself, if you aren't already feeling the need to. All times are based in Austin, TX - CST.
As always, the Tonight's Moon Phase series is based on Astronomical Astrology, which means happenings are discussed as they are happening in the actual sky. I always encourage everyone to get a hands-on experience with what they are learning in order to get the full scope of knowledge! Go ahead! Step outside and admire the sky! For those living in or around the Austin area, the UT campus is holding Wednesday night viewings! Also, be sure to check out the Full Moon Dates of 2014!
Tonight's Moon Phase - 95% Waxing Gibbous
- Moonrise - 4:35 PM
- Moonset - 6:06 AM, tomorrow
- Waxing Gibbous - The waxing moon is a time of increase, for as the moon increases with light, so shall we with our deepest wants and needs. This is a time for drawing things into ourselves that we may need, visualizing that as the moon is filled with light, we are filled as well. The closer that the moon gets to becoming full, the more powerful the energy; this makes the waxing gibbous moon the perfect time for powerful spells and prayers that need to manifest quickly. Begin preparing for any and all full moon rituals, today.
- Moon Void of Course - Until 5:50 pm. When the moon is said to be "void-of-course," this means that it is not under the influence of any particular sign. We tend to feel a little more restless than usual, as well as feel a lack of focus on our parts; this isn't necessarily all bad! This gives us a time to really tune into ourselves and relax. Try not to make any major decisions or purchases during this time, and enjoy this "Silly Season."
- Moon in Cancer - Enters at 5:51 pm. Cancer is the cardinal water sign of the zodiac. Ruled by the Moon, this environment governs our emotions, moods, concerns, home life, protection, and comfort. The Moon and Cancer play well together, as Cancer is the Moon's home. During this time, we may notice that we have more of a parental or "motherly" streak, as we tend to want to take care of those around us; additionally, we may feel more withdrawn than usual, noticing more of our individual feelings towards others and situations around us. This is the perfect time workings dealing in securing the future of your family, protection, emotions, empathy and intuition, and all water-based rituals. This is a great time to focus on the health of your metabolism, joints, and tendons.
- Wednesday - Wednesday is the day communication on all levels, divination, knowledge, and internal mental health. If you are feeling a lack of social confidence, today is the absolute perfect day to take an internal trip and remind yourself that you're doing just fine! Ruled by Mercury during a retrograde, we find that today seems to be graced with just a bit of bumpy communication, but just enough in which we learn something new.
- Suggested Prayer / Spell work - Swift increasing. Healing of the metabolism, joints, mucous glands, tendons, and soft skin. Communication, internal health, internal strength, internal comfort, family, the home, emotions, empathy, shyness, and social charisma.
Love Astrology? Want daily updates to what to expect? Love Moon Magick? Want to learn when to cast certain spells? Subscribe today by clicking the link at the top of this article! Have questions? Feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com!
Copyright 2014, Jennifer McDonald