Tonight's full moon starts in Leo, inspiring us to be strong and confident as any king of the jungle would do. The full moon in late Leo is the perfect time to bounce yourself back into greatness! However, at 3:05 pm, the full moon will be void of course until 1:03 am. During this time, remember to take things easy; if you start to feel the pull of aimlessness or depression, just know that it's just the void of course. Refrain from making any major decisions or starting anything new during this time.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology; this means that all information and celestial positioning is taken from real-time observance of the current sky. I always encourage everyone to take a second to immerse themselves in what they are learning in order to get an amazing perspective on the subject! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 99% Full, waning
- Moonrise - 7:01 pm
- Moonset - 7:12 am, Wed. Feb. 27, 2013
- Full Moon in Leo - Leo is a sign of pride, strength, creativity, and success, and when those things are threatened, we feel threatened. With the full moon in this sign, we are driven by emotion to feel this fixed, fiery sign, forcing us to feel powerless and low if we are not feeling particularly successful in the areas we want to be successful in; in fact, we may even begin to feel wronged. If you're feeling the crush of the Leo full moon, or even if you're not, today is an awesome day to bounce back into an amazing phase of life! Watch a funny movie, video, or sing funny songs. Allow yourself to do something silly, creative, or free! Download a fun app, play fun games, enjoy the company of children or someone playful, do something courageous, and just have a little fun today! Metaphysically, today is the best day for workings of creativity, authority, power, success, courage, strength, pride, fertility, and children. Work on healing the lower back and kidneys, but avoid surgical procedures on the heart, ribs, spline, spine, and ribs today. Do not overload your heart today with heavy emotions; the key to today is being light and free with a lot of laughs thrown in!
- Full Moon, waning - The moon is 99% full today, on the third day of the full moon; during this time, focus on all-purpose and powerful ridding rituals. Be sure to place tools, jewelry, talismans, amulets, and crystals out for recharging tonight, and soak up some of those moonrays for yourself as well! Full moon rituals are the most powerful of all rituals, so use tonight's vibrations for your strongest prayers and rituals! Increasing and all purpose intentions are best for tonight.
- Moon Void of Course - The moon goes void of course at 3:05 pm this afternoon and enters the sign of Virgo tonight at 1:03 am. When the moon is void of course, it is uninfluenced by any of the twelve signs. This tends to give us the feeling of being uninspired, aimless, and restless, so if you begin to feel this way, relax instead. Many people advise against decision making and starting anything new, under the thought that it will never get finished. Instead, work on something that's already been started, or continue the Leo regimen, and enjoy the day instead! Prayers and spell work is up to you; many advise against it, others feel that if they do not ask for the moon's guidance in the working, they will be okay. Use an unbiased divination method to determine whether or not to do your workings during this time.
- Tuesday - Ruled by Mars, we can find today to be a strong day for energy and power! We may finally be feeling the motivation we've been waiting for to get things started, done, or moving along. Today is a perfect day for working on and manifesting winning, conquering, immediate action, power, strength, endurance, leadership, independence, energy, and motivation! You will find that this coincides completely with the feelings of late Leo; after the moon goes void of course, you will still feel these particular daily effects! You may barely notice the moon void of course!
- Numerology: 7 - The vibrations of the number 7 warm us up to enlightenment and awareness today as we begin to see things from another's point of view; however, when mixed with the energies of Leo, this view point can quickly turn into a vice, so be wary of your following thoughts.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Waning or decreasing rituals, cleansing, creativity, authority, power, success, courage, strength, pride, fertility, children, endurance, leadership, high energy, independence, enlightenment, and awareness
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.