Today is the last day of January, and as we make our way into February, the moon continues to make its way through Virgo, making our first days of the new month ones of intense scheduling and making sure that everything gets done. This can be both good and bad! For those who are not used to keeping things in line, this is a good thing; however, the added stress of wanting everything right may begin to weigh on some people. For those who are used to organization, expect to be even more so; you might even be happier with the people of earth for a few days, Virgo! On the downside, Virgos, and other analytical types might begin thinking too far in advance and stress themselves out as well.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that all of the information and celestial positions listed in Tonight's Moon Phase are taken directly from real-time observation of the current skies. I always encourage everyone to really engulf themselves in what they are learning in order to get the true experience! So, take a step outside, find the moon tonight, and see what stars it's around; you might be surprised! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 79% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise - 10:10 pm
- Moonset - 9:48 am, Fri., Feb. 1, 2013
- Moon in Virgo - Virgo, also known as the sign of The Virgin, asks that everything be in order during it's time to shine. This means that we'll see this type of energy reflected in us as we find ourselves doing things in a more organized manner. For Pisces, this could be something as small as actually turning off lights in the house or putting things back where they belong. For Virgo, this could mean thinking and planning so far ahead that you begin to lose track of timing! Either way, things tend to come together a little nicer during a Virgo moon. Work on ridding obstacles from employment, mental pursuits, health, and diet or work on losing weight; in fact, you'll find yourself caring a lot more about what you're eating during these few days! Avoid criticism during this time.
- Waning Gibbous - When the moon is winding down, this gives us the perfect canvas to work ridding spells or prayers on! Think of something harmful or useless in your life to get rid of, and use the moon as a comparison tool for yourself. As the light leaves the moon, imagine that that thing is leaving you, too! Do any rituals or prayers to aid you, using that visualization and feeling, and you'll be surprised by the time the New Moon gets here!
- Thursday - Money is on our mind today as our W-2 forms have started to roll in; everyone is anxious about taxes and foreseeing, already, how they are going to spend it! Thursday is ruled by Jupiter, ruler of money and success, so this is one of the perfect days to file your taxes; the only way it could be more perfect is to file them during the new-full, or waxing, moon cycle!
- Numerology: 1 - Will power and ambition lead the vibrations of the day for the number one! Use this boost in a constructive way today!
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Removing obstacles that block you from getting a job or career advancement, remove mental/creative blocks, remove anything that is degrading your health, and work on losing weight or getting back in track on your diet. Remove anything harmful and useless in your life.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.