Today, the moon enters Virgo, the discriminating sign of the virgin, but not after first clearing its current void of course! The dreaded moon void ends at approximately 12:05 pm - CST, finally giving our psyches cosmic guidance; if you're like me, and running on no sleep, this is a wonderful thing! In the early stages of Virgo, we can expect a pick me up in doing chores, work, or other scheduled things, finding delight in tidiness, rather than messiness.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that the celestial positions listed are based on real-time positions, rather than pre-calculated almanac positions. Astrology is the study of the planets where they are in current time, so why not assume that we would be affected by anything different? I encourage everyone to take a step outside tonight and look at the sky, note the position of the moon against the backdrop of the stars; is there a better way to learn what affects us than to immerse yourself in it? All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 68% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise - 11:15 pm
- Moonset - 10:33 am, Jan. 4, 2012
- Waning Gibbous - As the moon loses light, you, too, shall lose something. Designate something to leave your life at this time in the moon's cycle! Use the fading moon as a symbol for yourself, having the light become what is holding you back. This is a strong visualization here to help you boost your habit, illness, or harmful energy kicking abilities! Use that visualization paired with prayer or spell work, as well as physical work; remember, spirituality will fix the problem, but retaining the roots in the physical realm will only cause it to regrow!
- Moon Void of Course - Ends at 12:05 pm. During a moon's void of course, the moon is traveling between two signs, causing it to be uninfluenced by any direct celestial energy. During this time, you may feel restless, anxious, exhausted, or antsy because this raw energy is only feeding your body, instead of a direct source on your body! Many believe you should not do any spiritual work during this time, while others say this is a good time for unaltered energies to do their work; follow your intuition on this matter.
- Moon in Virgo - The sign of Virgo is the sign of the virgin, and like anyone looking for that perfect partner, everything must be pristine and perfect! This is the basis behind the sign of the virgin. We can expect a higher, analytical style of thinking during this time, as well as a need for something to change or be cleaned. This is the perfect time to set new plans in motion, create working schedules, and organize things! Learning everything about something new is also on the list of Virgo powered activities! However, don't be surprised if you immediately drop that activity if it doesn't excite you enough! Enjoy today, learn from the structure, and incorporate that into your normal life! Use today to remove obstacles in your career, normal life schedule, and healing intestinal and nerve-bound illnesses.
- Thursday - Thursday, also commonly called Thor's Day, is ruled by Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system. Being the largest, and most bountiful planet, its vibrations are those of success, generosity, and growth. Use today's celestial circumstances to remove any obstacles that would normally stop these things from happening!
- Numerology: 1 - Creation, independence, success, initial growth - these are the words that describe the vibration of the number one, today's number.
- Suggested Prayer / Spell work -Removal of obstacles in independence, growth, success, planning, and beginnings.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.