Tonight, the moon continues through Sagittarius, coming in contact with Pluto along the way! Around 6:30 last night, we may have found ourselves beginning to become unusually upset at a situation or person, or we might have been trying to drastically change something in our lives that we did not deem fit; during this time, the moon was, and still is, in conjunction with Pluto, the planet of transformation and deep emotion.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that all information and celestial positioning are taken from real-life, real-time observation of the current night sky. I always encourage everyone to take a step out into nature; it's your nature, your sky, and your well of knowledge! Immerse yourself in it! You might just be surprised. All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 9% Waning Crescent
- Moonrise - 4:19 am
- Moonset - 3:07 pm
- Moon in Sagittarius - This mutable fire sign is all about success and generosity, thanks to the energies of Jupiter, the ruler of this sign. It may be difficult to tell right now, during the conjunction with Pluto, but this cosmic combination of the Moon and Sagittarius grants us optimism and generosity in the form of caring. A flexible fire sign is a happy fire sign, however, do be wary of flaring personalities and attitudes today. Work on removing blocks from travel, higher education, optimism, protection, studying, and enhancing your life through learning something new. Open yourself to new things, and take a trip outside today! It's a favorable time for healing lung diseases, all respiratory practices are effective. However, avoid any construction or building.
- Moon conjunct Pluto - Pluto is the planet that harnesses the vibrations of change, transformation, and deep emotions. When the moon is close to this planet, we can expect these feelings to have a strong influence on our emotional side. If something is not going how we planned, we might be more upset than normal, small things might bring out deep feelings that we did not know we had, or we might want to change something that we don't like about ourselves. This extra energy will be gone around 3:57 pm this afternoon. It is beneficial to do workings of change, in order to jumpstart a large undertaking of change, or deep emotional healing during this time. You can use the visualization of your life as a worm transforming into a butterfly, with the vibrations of pluto acting as your cocoon.
- Waning Crescent - Now that we've passed the third quarter checkpoint, keep up the good work! Use this waning part of the moon cycle to remove something harmful from your life, just as the light is removed from the moon! Work on banishing rituals during this time. The New Moon will be here on February 10, 2013! Start preparing your new moon rituals!
- Thursday - Also ruled by Thursday, this is a powerful day for success, riches, luck, expansion, business, and spiritual attainment. In light of the waning moon, use today for super-powered removal of blocks in any of these areas!
- Numerology: 6 - The vibrations of today include adjustment, balance, and ability to compromise. When today gets hard, during the reign of Pluto, remember that these energies are also very available for you to tap into today!
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Removal of blockages from success, luck, optimism, business planning, and removal of things to enable transformation.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.