Tonight, the moon finishes its course through the second half of Gemini, giving us the mutable, or changeable, power over our emotions, as well as feelings on all topics. One moment, you may feel as if cleaning the home would do you a ton of good, and the next moment, cleaning the home feels like a pointless task; keep track of your emotional changes, and override them with core knowledge of what you know you want to accomplish.
As always, this article is written using Astrological Astronomy, meaning that all information and celestial positioning is taken from real-time observation of the Earth's night sky. I encourage everyone to take a moment and step outside into your domain; it's your nature, your sky, and your well of knowledge! Immerse yourself in it! You might just be surprised. All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 84% Waxing Gibbous
- Moonrise - 2:14 pm
- Moonset - 4:09 am
- Waxing Moon - As the moon grows closer to its goal of becoming full, you should be nearing your own personal goals. Having adapted your ritual and habits on the first quarter moon, continue this new regimen. During the waxing, or growing, moon, it is best to work on increasing things in your life, under the adage, "As the moon grows full with light, you, too, shall grow full." All workings and prayers should be "increasing" in nature to allow them to work to their full potential. Use the symbolism of the growing moon as the basis of your visualization work.
- Moon in Gemini - Gemini is the sign of the Twins, its mutable and airy nature lends it to birth and destruction, benefit and doubt. This celestial balance can cause imbalance in our lives, as well as balance. We may find ourselves in a state of indecision, as well as a state of equilibrium, depending on the time of day. In order to combat this feeling of mutable flexibility, keep your eye on the prize. Focus on what you know you want or need to accomplish and see it through. Short-term decisions are best made at this time, as well as intellectual tasks. Use today to relax with friends or family, and be weary of emotional fluctuations. Because the moon is waxing, it is a perfect time to work on bringing balance to your emotions and life, as well as perfecting your gift of gab, short travels, and moving. Do not decide on any long-term, permanent decisions today, such as tattoos. Avoid dirty spaces, as well as surgery on the shoulders, arms, wrists, and lungs.
- Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter, Zeus, and Thor, today is a day of power, growth, expansion, success, and generosity. You may see this in the form of a calm realization to the larger picture of life, the want to make your home more comfortable to others, or just an all around, electrically charged day. Use today for workings of prosperity, growth, business increases, and attracting more of what you already have.
- Numerology: 2 - Two is the number of balance, bringing together two parts in order to make peace. Unfortunately, during the time of the Gemini moon, that balance turns into a blatant duality, if you have one you must have the other. The nature of a number two day usually has us see the other side of the picture as a solution; instead, we can expect to see both sides of the picture at once today. With out hot, how can we have cold? In order to have stability, we must have chaos. Unfortunately, today there will be both. Use this trait of the day to instill balance in areas of your life where you need it most.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Increasing balance, communication, friendships, family wholeness and comfort, small travels, adaptability, emotional stability, prosperity, growth, law of attraction, and cleaning the home.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.