Tonight, the moon begins riding through Scorpio, with a little influence from "new" sign Ophiuchus. For the past few days, under the influence of Libra, we felt closer to our partners than ever before, giving us a chance to rekindle our relationships. Of course, if you do not have a relationship, this could be a hard time for you. This time comes to an end today, but remember that we always have it in us to have a mutual, loving relationship with our partner! Just remember these past few days and utilize that in your life from now on! In Scorpio, our relationships towards our families could become tense as we head into this mysterious, intense sign.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that all information and celestial positioning in this article was taken from the actual sky using real-time, current observation! I always encourage everyone to take a step out into nature; it's your nature, your sky, and your knowledge! Immerse yourself in it! You might just be surprised. All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
A Mercury Retrograde is here! Click here for the dates. Click here to find out what this means for your zodiac sign!
Tonight's Moon Phase - Third Quarter Moon
- Moonrise - 12:14 am
- Moonset - 10:55 am
- Moon in Scorpio - Scorpio is the most mysterious sign of the zodiac; being ruled by Pluto, this is no surprise. Pluto is our most elusive planet, traveling through space as the furthest planet in our solar system at a different orbit. Scorpio is often fueled by the power of Mars, making this sign both misunderstood, intuitive, and strong. During this time, expect yourself to understand something of a higher nature, as higher thinking is ruled by Pluto. Expect intensified emotions, uncontrollable outbursts, sharp tongues, and quick retorts. It is best to stay away from family and close-friend confrontations during this time, as they could take an unexpected turn towards ugly. Avoid surgery on sexual organs, excretory system, endocrine glands, large intestine, kidney dishes, on urinary tracts.
- Moon in Ophiuchus - This article observes Ophiuchus as having always attributed energies to the major zodiac sign of Scorpio; however, for the sake of this article, the traits will be touched upon. Until the moon reaches the actual foot of Ophiuchus, we strongly feel the traits of Scorpio and Pluto's influence alone. When the moon enters Ophiuchus, we are gifted with a bit of passion and drive sent by Mars. That, we believe, is what fuels our upset and sharp bite when we are disturbed from our internal musings. You will often find that Scorpio is listed as ruled by both Pluto and Mars, but this is due to not taking the extra energies into consideration. Power, assertion over others, strength, charm, and dominance are the words of Ophiuchus. Do not be surprised if you say more things that are considered out of line today! For that reason, be sure to keep close tabs on your tongue!
- Third Quarter Moon - The moon is halfway through its waning cycle, notable by its half-filled appearance. Those who have been working with moon magic in order to remove harmful influences from their lives know that this is the perfect time for a checkup! Step back, evaluate your situation since you've started your ridding rituals and see how much has changed! Evaluate and perform another banishing ritual tonight! Keep this mantra in mind, "As the light leaves the moon, so shall ___ leave me," visualizing your life as being synchronous with the moon! Remember, visualization, emotion, and intention is key!
- Monday - Ruled by the Moon, today is an excellent day to work on problems with feminine traits, such as caring, emotions, love, family, and self-esteem. Ultimately, you want to use today to focus on removing any blockages from allowing yourself to have a solid foundation in yourself and your home life.
- Numerology: 4 - The number four vibrates with stability, adding a little bit of balance to today's upheaving Scorpio and Ophiuchus energies.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Removing psychic blocks, opening closed doors, inner healing, psychic healing, home cleansing, stability, and self-cleansing.
Love Astrology? Want to keep up with daily vibrations and celestial positionings? Subscribe to my column, Follow me on Twitter, or Like me on Facebook for free updates to new articles, recipes, and more! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.