Tonight, our beautiful waxing moon is working its way through Taurus, a time when many begin to think about their finances, and perfect timing, too, as many have already begun to file their taxes. Also, we begin to feel that we want something physical in our lives to show for our hard work or to entice ourselves with ideas of spending time with family and friends, and this might show itself in the form of wanting to work more for a little extra cash or planning a nice day out with the family.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that the positions of the celestial bodies listed are based on real-time observation. I always encourage anyone learning something new to really immerse themselves in it, rather than only living through a book, so feel free to take a step out into your nature and look at your sky! You may be surprised! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 75% Waxing Gibbous
- Moonrise - 1:04 pm
- Moonset - 3:14 am, Tues. Jan 22, 2013
- Moon in Taurus - When the moon is in Taurus, we begin caring more for the physical realm, with the most important asset being money. This does not necessarily mean greed, as most of us tend to become more concerned with having enough money to have a good time or care for our family! This is a great day to balance your checkbook, work on your taxes, wish for your W-2s to come faster, and to spend some time with your family. The latter suggestion being perfect for today, as many have Martin Luthor King Day off! Taurus is a fixed earth sign, meaning that it's got great stability, determination, and depth, traits that will be a large part of your life today. Spiritually, focus on increasing wealth, increasing family, increasing patience, and increasing stability. Do not do anything that requires fast reactions or flexibility, and do take care of your neck and ears in this cold weather.
- Waxing Gibbous - Waxing stands for increasing and gibbous is the phase of the moon between first quarter and full. During this time, focus on things that you would like to increase in your own life. Many like to start at the time of the new moon and work to increase something large in their lives, keeping with the natural vibrations of our nature! If this is not you, yet, there is still time! Focus on the idea that as the moon increases with light, your life will increase with something, too! Use the moon's growing fullness as symbolism for your ever growing life!
- Monday - Ruled by the moon, Monday is a day where we wish we were at home, snuggled up and feeling comfortable. This is because the moon's vibration on Mondays appeals to our inner feminine energies of healing and caring, and men, there is nothing wrong with this! Use today to look inside of yourself and see if there is anything that you need healed, help out around the home, and treat yourself or your family to some together time.
- Numerology: 1 - As in basic counting, the number one stands for beginnings. The number one kicks off the counting, and that corresponds with today's vibrations. You will feel the need to start something, or any planning you've been planning to start will beg to be started today! Of course, because of the Taurus moon, it will either be financial logging or starting with something small. For instance, I'm planning a trip to Chicago, and I actually have planned to slowly count and roll my change! As opposed to purchasing tickets or booking hotels.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Increasing things in your life, mainly wealth, health, inner-health, family time, family love, home love, home cleanliness, wife appreciation, inner feminine understanding, small financial planning. Healing of the ears, neck, and thyroid.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.