Tonight, the moon begins riding through Scorpio, with a little influence from "new" sign Ophiuchus. For the past few days, under the influence of Libra, we felt closer to our partners than ever before, giving us a chance to rekindle our relationships. Of course, if you do not have a relationship, this could be a hard time for you. This time comes to an end today, but remember that we always have it in us to have a mutual, loving relationship with our partner! Just remember these past few days and utilize that in your life from now on! In Scorpio, our relationships towards our families could become tense as we head into this mysterious, intense sign.
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that all information and celestial positioning in this article was taken from the actual sky using real-time, current observation! I always encourage everyone to take a step out into nature; it's your nature, your sky, and your knowledge! Immerse yourself in it! You might just be surprised. All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
A Mercury Retrograde is coming up! Click here for the dates.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 34% Waning Crescent
- Moonrise - 2:21 am, Tues., Feb. 5, 2013
- Moonset - 12:04 pm, Tues., Feb. 5, 2013
- Moon in Libra - This cardinal air sign of Venus prompts us to pay more attention to our partners during this time, and even though the moon leaves this sign at 11:42 am, we always have the power of love and understanding in our hearts. We simply need to remember what it feels like to love, trust, and understand and then, carry those feelings over to everyday life! If you do not have a partner, or a loving relationship, these could be hard times for you, as you begin to feel helpless, easily annoyed, and feel an intense craving for company. For the rest of this sign, use the moons energy to empower yourself to love and be more open to your relationship and all that it has to offer.
- Moon void of Course - The moon is uninfluenced by any sign from 11:42 am until 3:04 pm, today. During this time, we can expect increased clumsiness, hassles, delays, and false starts. You may find yourself feeling restless, easily bothered, and bored. I recommend that you do not do anything important today, as it might find itself to remain unfinished or turn out to be the wrong decision. Many people recommend that you do not do any prayers or spell work during this time, as it may dissolve before it comes to manifestation. Others will say that performing any workings during this time are just less powerful. Use your own intuition to decide if your spell or prayer should be performed today! If you do not trust your intuition, use a divining device, such as a pendulum.
- Moon in Scorpio - Scorpio is the most mysterious sign of the zodiac; being ruled by Pluto, this is no surprise. Pluto is our most elusive planet, traveling through space as the furthest planet in our solar system at a different orbit. Scorpio is often fueled by the power of Mars, making this sign both misunderstood, intuitive, and strong. During this time, expect yourself to understand something of a higher nature, as higher thinking is ruled by Pluto. Expect intensified emotions, uncontrollable outbursts, sharp tongues, and quick retorts. It is best to stay away from family and close-friend confrontations during this time, as they could take an unexpected turn towards ugly. Avoid surgery on sexual organs, excretory system, endocrine glands, large intestine, kidney dishes, on urinary tracts.
- Waning Crescent - Having just passed our halfway point, you should have re-calibrated your approach to removing that harmful item from your life! Step back and give yourself a pat on the back for all of your hard work so far! Continue working to remove from your life until the New Moon! Remember, use the moon as a model for your own life. As the light leaves the moon, your negative qualities will leave you, too!
- Monday - Ruled by the Moon, today is an excellent day to work on problems with feminine traits, such as caring, emotions, love, family, and self-esteem. Ultimately, you want to use today to focus on removing any blockages from allowing yourself to have a solid foundation in yourself and your home life.
- Numerology: 3 - The number three is all about optimism, well-rounded thinking, and love. Tap into today's natural energy to help with self-love and self-healing.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work - Removing psychic blocks, opening closed doors, inner healing, psychic healing, home cleansing, and self-cleansing.
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.