Click here for the 2013 Full Moon Dates!
Happy New Year's Eve everyone! The moon in Leo will give these next two nights a lot of excitement! Between boosted egos and a king of the jungle mentality, there will be everything from great stories to great fights! Even the shyest type of person will have fun during this New Year's celebration! They key to an enjoyable Leo moon is to let things slide. Hear something you don't agree with? Ignore it unless you are looking for a nice argument!
On a side note, tonight is the perfect time to kick off New Year's Resolutions! With the waning moon, number 3, and the power of Leo, losing weight should be a breeze! Read more below!
This article is written using Astronomical Astrology, astrology based on the current, real-time positions of the celestial beings. Many will notice that the moon is in a different sign than in today's almanacs; I challenge you to take a step outside and compare your almanac to the real night's sky. You'll certainly be surprised! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS - CST.
Tonight's Moon Phase - 90% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise - 8:22 pm
- Moonset - 9:25 am, Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013
- Moon in Leo - Leo is all about appearances and ego! This is perfect for New Year's Resolutions! By empowering us to want to be the best, Leo, the fixed fire sign under the Sun, rules our skies tonight, sending us a feeling of superiority as we enter the new year! This can be a good thing, as many of us could use a boost during this time of year! However, ideals begin to clash during this time, so if you are looking to steer clear of an argument or harsh feelings, be aware of your emotions and diffuse an argument by allowing things to slide; if it's important, bring the subject back up after the Leo Moon has passed. Use today to work on cranking out those resolutions, waxing or waning authority, creative ability and strength, leading and teaching children, and healing the upper back, spine, and heart.
- Waning Gibbous - The waning moon is perfect for kicking off New Year's Resolutions! Losing weight, kicking a habit, bettering your life by removal is all part of the Waning Moon! As light leaves the moon, so shall something harmful to your life. Use the moon as a guide, having the light represent how much of that you have in your life. Perform rituals or prayers to remove, and follow up with real-life repair as well. Prayer and ritual will certainly put it in motion, but if you do not take action to clear out the physical problems, you'll certainly relapse.
- Monday - Monday, ruled by the Moon, provides us with a nice balance to Leo's strength, meaning that today will go smoother than tomorrow! This provides us with a great canvas for fun tonight! Remember that you have family at home, so act responsible while you have fun tonight! This should be a natural thought, as Monday rules over family, emotions, feminine energy, love, and spirituality.
- Numerology: 3 - The number 3 represents the triad, mind-body-soul, thought-word-action, and synthesis. Today is a powerful day for change, so ritual and prayer tonight for change is great! Not to mention kicking off some New Years Resolutions! Start them tonight, and they'll get you far! Remember to put your heart, body, and mind in the same mentality for change!
- Suggested Prayer / Spell work - Change, removal of all that does not serve, New Year's Resolutions, healing by removal.
Love Astrology? Love bettering your life in all realms? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter for free updates to articles by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! For questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Living!
Copyright 2012 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.