Tonight, the moon finishes its movement through Gemini, the sign of the twins and duality. During this time, we may feel as if we are finally overcoming the indecision that has been nagging at our auras these past few days! The increase in social ability these past few days will be followed with a comfortable turn inwards, as we internalize how well we've been doing for ourselves lately! Pat yourself on the back and prepare for a Moon void of course! All times based in Austin, TX - CDT.
As always, the Tonight's Moon Phase series is based on Astronomical Astrology, which means happenings are discussed as they are happening in the actual sky. I always encourage everyone to get a hands-on experience with what they are learning in order to get the full scope of knowledge! Go ahead! Step outside and admire the sky! For those living in or around the Austin area, the UT campus is holding Wednesday night viewings! Also, be sure to check out the Full Moon Dates of 2014!
Tonight's Moon Phase - First Quarter Moon
- Moonrise - 1:21 PM
- Moonset - 3:01 AM
- First Quarter Moon - At 3:31 AM, the moon is at its peak of the First Quarter. For those who are following the ebb and flow of the moon, this is the perfect time to take a step back from your intention and spell work of this cycle and notice how its affecting your life. If everything is on track for you and your highest good, congratulations! Do a boosting intention/spell tonight! If you are not satisfied with the progress of your growth, reassess your situation and put out another intention tonight; mind your wording and be sure that you, personally and physically, are putting your all towards your intended goal! Remember, as the light grows in the moon, so shall what you need in your life! Post-First Quarter energies are swift and powerful; take this into consideration when performing your spell work during this time!
- Moon in Gemini - Gemini is the mutable Air sign of the zodiac. It's masculine, strong, and polar. During this time, you will find it easier to see both sides of situations, yet you will also find it more difficult to decide upon things. It is best if you make your observations now and make your final decisions in just a few days. This is a great time to try something new, as you are much more flexible during this time! Be wary of swift mood shifts, and talkative people, as you may never find a way out of a conversation! Gemini rules the respiratory system, so you will see an increase of irritation in that area. Today, focus on intellectual endeavors, short trips, relationship building, and the ability to be empathic on a logical level.
- Moon Void of Course - This v/c begins at 1:12 PM and ends at 10:02 AM. When the moon is said to be "void-of-course," this means that it is not under the influence of any particular sign. We tend to feel a little more restless than usual, as well as feel a lack of focus on our parts; this isn't necessarily all bad! This gives us a time to really tune into ourselves and relax. Try not to make any major decisions or purchases during this time, and enjoy this "Silly Season."
- Monday - Mondays are the perfect days to work on internal issues, problems of the spirit, feminine issues, and home problems. Use today to repair problems or invite love into these areas. Self-esteem prayers and intentions are great for today.
- Suggested Prayer / Spell work - Increasing. Duality, polarity, balance, communication, travel, bi-polar repair, internal struggles, internal love, self-esteem removal, raising the vibration of your home.
Love Astrology? Want daily updates to what to expect? Love Moon Magick? Want to learn when to cast certain spells? Subscribe today by clicking the link at the top of this article! Have questions? Feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com!
Copyright 2014, Jennifer McDonald