Dream in Green, a non-profit organization focused on promoting energy and water conservation and environmental sustainability in South Florida presents 'Setting the Standard,' a fundraising event and award ceremony that celebrates Miami’s green community. The event will be help tonight from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. The Standard Spa in Miami Beach.
The affair kicks off with the presentation of the 2014 Green Innovator Awards, recognizing local companies for undertaking green initiatives. This year's receipts include:
- Dade Recycling for their support of the Green Schools Challenge as a recycling partner.
- Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact represents a joint commitment of Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe and Palm Beach counties, and the cities of Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Miami Beach and Boynton Beach, to partner in mitigating the causes and adapting to the consequences of climate change.
- Luis Valenzuela, Founder and Creative Director of Artsy Productions USA for his love of all natural creations led him to found the first "green art community" in Florida, where his primary objective has been to actively engage the community in environmental issues.
Dream in Green will also recognize the 2014 Green Facilitators for their long-term commitment to Dream in Green including:
- Stearns Weaver Miller for their legal services and generous contributions
- Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra for their accounting services
- USGCB South Florida Chapter will be recognized for 10 years of growth, education and advocacy here in our community.
Guests will have an opportunity to bid on silent auction items, enjoy a green fashion show, and a cocktail reception featuring lavish hors d'oeuvres and premium drinks. All proceeds from this event will benefit Dream in Green. Thanks to a partnership with Just Green this is a carbon-neutral event.
General admission is $100 per person and tickets can be purchased at Eventbrite.
About Dream in Green
Dream in Green (DIG) is a Miami-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on promoting energy and water conservation and environmental sustainability in South Florida through innovative educational programs. DIG builds partnerships with schools, local governments, organizations and businesses for the purpose of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and our reliance on fossil fuels. Its programs emphasize education and behavior change. DIG is best known for its award-winning Green Schools Challenge program, currently in its seventh year and serving 165 schools and over 160,000 K-12 students, teachers and staff members in Miami-Dade County. DIG's second most successful program is the Home Energy Savings Program which aims to reverse the trend of global climate change by providing homeowners with information, resources and incentives to reduce household energy and water consumption and minimize waste. It has allowed households to reduce utility costs by 30-40% and lower their carbon emissions by 10,000 pounds per year. www.dreamingreen.org