if you are a Cosmopolitan Magazine reader like I am, then you are familiar with Tracy Anderson's monthly column on Fit in 6 Mintues. If not, there is a new feature every month with moves to tone your body courtesy of celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson. Here are two of her newest moves from the October 2011 issue:
- Starting on your hands and knees, plant your right foot on the floor and point your toe outward from your body so your inner thig faces forward.
- Shift your weight onto your hands, lift your left knee off the ground and tap the back of your right calf with your left ankle.
- Return to the start position to complete one rep. Do 20 reps, and switch sides.
- Starting in a kneeling position, cross your right leg over your left and reach your hands forward onto the floor.
- Unwrap your right leg and push yourself up into a one-leg plank position, extending your right leg.
- Return to the start position to complete one rep. Do 20 reps and switch sides.
Why this Works
Both of these moves are designed to isolate the inner thigh that doesn't get as many toning opportunities. One you get through 10 reps you will essentially "feel the burn." When performing the Ankle Tap, leaning your weight into your shoulders focuses your engery into balancing and the added benefit of engaging your core. The Pretzel Plank allows you to hold a push up position, minus one limb. The balacing act engages your back and chest muscles as well.