- Thursday, January 31st – SANY America will serve as the primary sponsor on the No. 7 Chevrolet SS, driven by Dave Blaney, for 14 Sprint Cup Series races, and as associate partner for 22 races, starting with the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway on March 3rd. SANY is the sixth-largest industrial equipment company in the world. With global sales of their cranes, concrete pump machinery, excavators, and other heavy-duty equipment, they reported revenues of over $12 billion US in 2012.
- Friday, February 1st – TBR will continue the partnership formed last season with TeamSLR (Scott Lagasse Racing), fielding the No. 8 Chevrolet Camaro in at least 15 Nationwide Series races in 2013. Sponsorship comes from the Boy Scouts of America and HybridLight, and veteran crew chief Brad Parrott will lead the team.
- Friday, February 1st (second announcement) – Corey LaJoie will split driving duties with Legasse in the Nationwide Series, making his first start at Dover on June 1st. The son of two-time Nationwide Series champion Randy LaJoie, LaJoie has been racing since the age 5 and was named one of NASCAR's Next 9 drivers; LaJoie earned the most wins and top-five finishes last season in the K&N Pro Series East and was runner up for the championship.
- Saturday, February 2nd – Florida Lottery returns to TBR on the No. 7 Chevrolet SS for all three Florida races: the season-opening Daytona 500, the July race at Daytona, and the season-finale at Homestead-Miami.
- Sunday, February 3rd – Tommy Baldwin Jr. will get back on the pit box as crew chief for the No. 7 team for the 2013 season.
Learn more about TBR at www.tommybaldwinracing.com.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
- Motorsports Travel
- Joe Gibbs Racing
- Kyle Busch Motorsports
- Buffalo Motorsports
Follow Paula on:
- Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance and Examiner.com Motorsports
- Twitter - @paulat14
- Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
- Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org