Tommy Bahama, the Midtown East mainstay located on 5th Avenue, is celebrating the little-known holiday in true foodie form. All day, two bright orange (read: impossible to miss) ice cream trucks will be roaming around New York City, handing out free ice cream and reminding stressed out New Yorkers to take a moment of, you guessed it, relaxation.
To get that ice cream in your hand without as little effort as possible, we've tracked down a copy of the trucks' schedules tomorrow. Happy ice cream hunting!
- Truck One Bryant Park Area (on W40th St, between 5th & 6th Ave)
- Truck Two Wall Street Area (on Wall St between Broadway & Broad St.)
- Truck One Rockefeller Center Area (on W50th St between 5th & 6th)
- Truck Two Flat Iron District Area (on E21st between 5th & Broad St)
- Truck One Tommy Bahama Store, Rest & Bar on 45th & 5th Ave
- Truck Two Herald Square Area (on 6th Ave between 33rd & 35th St)
- Truck Two Joins Truck One at Tommy Bahama Store, Restaurant & Marlin Bar at its location, 45th Street and 5th Avenue.
Would you rather enjoy your 'scream indoors, away from the hustle and bustle of the Manhattan streets? Head over to the brick and mortar to try some complimentary pina colada soft serve, which will be available to all guests - and shoppers - all day long.
Tommy Bahama. 551 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10176.