Francesca’s at The Promenade is celebrating its fifth annual Tomato Fest celebration! From August 18th through 31st, Corporate Executive Chef Massimo invites diners to feast on the season’s ripest local ingredient with a specially prepared, limited-time menu featuring all things tomato.
From colorful heirloom varietals to a summer tomato sauce, tomato lovers can enjoy dishes such as: Burrata con Pomodori e Pesto; Carpaccio di Tonno; and Linguini delle Estate.
Full Tomato Fest Menu:
- Burrata con Pomodori e Pesto – burrata cheese, earth-grown tomatoes, arugula, and basil pesto
- Pizza con Pomodori e Caprino – sliced tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil, goat cheese, and fresh basil
- Formaggio Caprino al Forno – baked goat cheese served with a fresh summer tomato sauce and basil crostini
- Carpaccio di Tonno – thinly sliced ahi tuna served with multi-colored tomatoes, arugula, and drizzled with aged balsamic
- Linguini delle Estate con Gamberi – sautéed multi-colored tomatoes, shrimp, panko bread crumbs, chives, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and chili flakes
- Filetto Gorgonzola – grilled 10-ounce fillet with oven-roasted tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, herb roasted potatoes, and a red wine reduction sauce
Francesca's at The Promenade opened in 2009 in Bolingbrook and is the 19th restaurant in the Francesca's family. This west-suburban outpost offers guests “simple rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices,” which has been the winning recipe at all Francesca’s locations since 1992. The menu features the zesty, earthy cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. An eclectic wine list and one-of-a-kind martinis are the perfect accompaniment to an outstanding dining experience.
Drawing its name from the impressive Bolingbrook shopping district of which it is a part, Francesca’s at The Promenade features lofty ceilings, seasonal patio seating and a distinctive bar with a bustling trattoria feel. Striking photographs of rural Italian life by Paul Elledge line the walls to create a comfortable, urban setting throughout.