This is an excellent recipe that will serve six people. This is a very simple to prepare recipe. It is a very flavorful and creamy tomato bisque. It will make a great lunch or dinner dish. This is a very healthy and nutritious dish. It is excellent served year round but it is very comforting and warming in the cold months of winter. Tomato bisque recipes may vary because you may add seasonings that are pleasing to your taste buds such as garlic and basil. Tomato bisque may be made from can tomatoes or fresh tomatoes. Tomato bisque may be topped with Parmesan cheese or other hard cheese when it is served.
If you add seafood to tomato bisque such as shrimp or lobster it is very delicious. It is excellent for serving at special occasions or dinner parties. Tomato bisque may be served chilled. When served chilled it is a great refreshing summer meal. When served hot it is a winter warming treat. Tomato bisque may be frozen for later use. The leftovers from this creamy soup is even better and tastier the next day. Tomatoes provide an excellent source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that is great for the body.
4 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of bacon bits
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk of celery, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
5 tablespoons of flour, all-purpose
4 cups of can chicken broth
2 pounds of whole fresh tomatoes, diced
3 teaspoons of dried parsley
2 cups of heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1. In a large soup pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the bacon bits and stir well. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook covered for 10 minutes on low heat.
2. Add the flour and cook anmd stir for 4 minutes.
3. Add the broth and the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Add the parsley and the bay leaf, cover and simmer for 40 minutes on low heat.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and allow to completely cool.
6. Remove the bat leaf and pour the mixture into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
7. Return the mixture to the pot to reheat over medium heat.
8. Add the cream, salt, and pepper and stir until well mixed. Serve immediately. Enjoy!