The Huffington Post reports that a 2-year-old little boy named Xiao Feng was taken to the hospital after his parents became concerned about his bloated abdomen and trouble breathing.
Reports indicate that doctors later discovered that young Xiao was carrying his dead, underdeveloped, parasitic twin in his swollen abdomen. The twin was reportedly 10 inches wide, and had a fully formed spin.
Doctors reportedly claim that Feng's parasitic twin would have likely killed him if it wasn't removed.
A report from NCBI claims that a parasitic twin is just one of the results commonly found when a single fertilize egg splits and creates conjoined twins. NCBI states that around 10% of all conjoined twins results in a parasitic twin.
To be among the first to receive News from the Louisville News Examiner, please hit subscribe just under the media on the top left of your screen. It's anonymous and completely free.
If you need to contact the Louisville News Examiner send her an email to LouisvilleNewsExaminer@Gmail.com.