Here are some notable events in TV history from today:
- On this date in 1954, CBS debuted its "Morning Show."
- Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor were married on this date in 1964.
- "The Ed Sullivan Show" came to an end on this date in 1971.
- "Eight is Enough" aired for the first time on this date in 1977.
- "Three's Company" debuted on this date in 1977.
- "Barney Miller" made it to 100 episodes on this date in 1979.
- "Saturday Night Live" made it to 100 episodes on this date in 1980.
- "Mr. Belvedere" debuted on this date in 1985.
- On this date in 1998, "60 Minutes" aired its interview with Kathleen Wiley, who said that President Bill Clinton made unwelcome sexual advances on her in 1993.
Here are some significant birthdays for today:
- Joe E. Ross from "Car 54, Where are You?? was born today.
- MacDonald Carey from "Day of our Lives" was born today.