Here is today's obituary: Johnny Carson died on this date in 2005
Here are some notable events from today in TV history:
- On this date in 1975, cop sitcom, "Barney Miller" debuted.
- The ground-breaking mini-series, "Roots" first aired on this date in 1977.
- The "A-Team" made its debut on this date in 1983.
- On this date in 1985, proceeding of the British House of Lords were first broadcast.
- Televised bowling history was made on this date in 1988 when Bob Benoit won a televised tournament and a $100,000 bonus by rolling a perfect game when he won The Quaker State Open.
- "Platypus Man" debuted on this date in 1995 on UPN.
- On this date in 2002, CNN said that Connie Chung was leaving ABC news to work for them.
Here are some notable birthdays for today:
Mariska Hargitay, Olivia Benson from "Law and Order: SVU" was born on this date.
Richard Dean Anderson, best known for