Here are some notable events in TV history for today:
- On this date in 1928, Ernst F.W. Alexanderson gave the first public demonstration of television.
- Darrin and Samantha Stevens' daughter Tabitha was born on the TV show, "Bewitched" on this date in 1966.
- The series "Alias Smith and Jones" ended on this date in 1973.
- AMC introduced its first scripted original show, "Remember WENN" on this date in 1996.
- "La Femme Nikita" debuted on this date in 1997.
- On this date in 1998, NBC agreed to pay close to $13 million per episode of the show, "E.R." the highest amount paid for a TV show up to that time.
- ABC and ESPN Negotiated to keep "Monday Night Football" on the air for $1.15 billion a season.
- On this date in 1998, one of the 110 missing "Dr. Who" episodes was found in New Zealand.
- Also on this date in 1998, the NFL agreed to keep "Monday Night Football" on ABC and the entire Sunday night package on ESPN for $9.2 billion.
- In 1998, on this date, the 100th episode of "NYPD Blue" aired.
- On this date in 2001, "TV Guide" issued a magazine with several different covers depicting Elvis.
Here are some notable birthdays for today:
- Character actor and "Matchgame" regular Charles Nelson Reilly was born today.
- Jill Wagner, known for the series "Wipeout" was born on this date.