December 18, 2013
Here are some notable events in TV history for today:
- In an early advance for the use of color on TV, WPTZ in Philadelphia presents a commercial for Felso in color on this date in 1953. It was the first use of color on a local station.
- The popular panel show, "To Tell The Truth," debuted on CBS on this date in 1956.
- "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," featuring the voice talents of Boris Karloff, debuted on CBS on this date in 1966.
- On this date in 1985, the 50th episode of the action-adventure show, "The A-Team" aired.
- On this date in 1993, the NFL reached an agreement with several networks, including cable networks. They came to terms with ESPN,TNT, Fox, and ABC. Previously, Fox had wrested the NFC championship game and NFC games from CBS.
Here are some notable birthdays for today:
- Bridgit Mendler, who was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for a Breakout Female TV Star for her role on "Good Luck Charlie" was born today.
- Christina Aguilera, pop diva and judge on "The Voice" celebrates a birthday today.