December 15, 2013
Here are some notable events that happened in TV history today:
- The Jefferson Airplane appeared on "The Smothers Brothers Show" on this date in 1968. Lead singer Grace Slick opted for appearing in black face.
- Two days before they were scheduled to appear on "Saturday Night Live" the Sex Pistols were denied visas to come to the United States on this date in 1977.
- On the "Crook and Chase" country music TV show on TNN, on this date in 1999, Garth Brooks announced that he would probably retire at the end of the year and planned on keeping a low profile until that happened.
- "The Simpsons" makes it to academia on this date in 2001. Sienna University announces the offer of a two-credit class. The course, "Animated Philosophy and Religion" analyzes popular culture and these subjects through the lens of the animated Fox Show.
Here are some notable birthdays for today:
- TV funnyman Tim Conway, a "Carol Burnett Show" regular, celebrates a birthday today.
- The star of "Miami Vice" and "Nash Bridges", Don Johnson observes his birthday today.
- "Downton Abbey's " Lady Mary Crawley, Michelle Dockery, was born today.