December 13, 2013
Here are some highlights from today in TV history:
- English pop duo Chad and Jeremy appeared on "Batman" on this date in 1967. Catwoman conspired to steal the duo's voices. Don Ho made a cameo in the "climbing up the side of the building" bit.
- The rights to the first four Super Bowls were sold to CBS and NBC for a grand total of $9.5 million on this date in 1966.
- The 100th episode of "Renegade" aired on the USA Network today in 1996. The show featured Lorenzo Lamas as the motorcycle-riding Reno Raines as a cop turned bounty hunter. The show started out in syndication and made the jump to the USA network.
- In 2001 on this date, NBC announced it would start running ads for hard liquor. It also issued a 19-point document on the conditions for accepting such ads.
Here are some notable birthdays for today.
- TV icon Dick Van Dyke was born today. He was notable for "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Diagnosis: Murder."
- It's a very "Family Affair" birthday date. Both Kathy Garver, as Cissy, and Johnny Whitaker, as Jody were born today. In reality, the TV siblings were born 14 years apart.