Are you caught up with your favorite series? Worried you may have missed a book? Don’t fret! Several of the most current books are being released in paperback today, just in time for you to play catch up before the authors’ soon-to-be released hardcovers hit the shelves. Check out these five featured authors to find out which installments are coming and who, among them, is taking his/her writing in a new direction.
- Susan Wiggs: “The Apple Orchard,” first book in the "Bella Vista Chronicles," is available now in paperback. This women’s fiction series is a deeply moving story about family, sisterhood, and friendship. Bestselling author Susan Wiggs, known for her emotional family dramas, does not disappoint. Be sure to grab a copy of this excellent series. Pre-orders are now available for the second book, “The Beekeeper’s Ball,” which will be released on June 24, 2014.
- Chelsea Cain: “Let Me Go,” book six in the series starring Detective Archie Sheridan and serial killer Gretchen Lowell, is available now in paperback. This bestselling thriller series continues to impress reviewers and fans alike. Later this summer, Cain is releasing the first book in a new series. “One Kick” is about Kick Lannigan, a woman who uses her past tragedies to track down those in peril. Don’t worry “Beauty Killer” fans—you will see more books in the future.
- William Dietrich: The paperback edition of “The Barbed Crown,” the sixth book in the Ethan Gage Adventure series, is available in bookstores and online starting today. This historical adventure series is set in the early 1800s during the dramatic Napoleonic period. It follows the trials and tribulations of an adventurer named Ethan Gage. This popular series continues in May with the release of the seventh book, “The Three Emperors."
- Ridley Pearson: “Choke Point,” the second book in the Risk Agent thriller series, is now available in paperback. For those not familiar with him, Pearson is known for his originality and highly researched suspense novels. It’s no surprise that his successful series featuring Rutherford Risk is being adapted into a film for Universal Pictures. Don’t miss the third novel, “The Red Room,” which will be available from Jove books this June.
- Craig Johnson: The paperback release of “A Serpent’s Tooth,” the ninth book in the Longmire western mystery series, is available for purchase today. If you aren't familiar with Johnson’s works, you may have heard of the A&E crime show based on these novels called “Longmire.” This series is about the life and work of a sheriff in a fictitious Wyoming county who is named Walt Longmire. The next book is called “Any Other Name” and will be published next month.
Follow the Alpharetta Book Examiner for all of your Alpharetta area and national book news. Simply click the “subscribe” button. Thanks for your support!