The jury’s still out for your LA Beauty Products Examiner whether to gloss or matte my nails. How about you? It seems like matte is all the rage but girls don’t you like shiny nails?
Anyhow, trend-maker essie just came out with matte about you top coat that ‘mattifies’ nails and transforms color from high gloss to dull in a flash. You can used it with any color to create a smooth muted finish.
Apply it over metallic for a velveteen appearance. Paint over neutral or opaque hues to achieve a fashionable natural look. Or create some fun nail at like updated French tips, half-moons, swirls or stripes.
Nail tips by manicurist Michelle Saunders:
- For maximum coverage apply polish to the whole nail starting close to the cuticle.
- matte about you takes longer to dry than the average top coat, so be patienjt and wait about five minutes to make sure it’s dry.
- Hydrate with apricot cuticle oil
- Clean then prep with base coat or treatment
- Apply two coats of color
- Seal and shine with an essie top coat
Essie creates one of the best-selling nail polish collections in the world. It was founded in 1981 by Essie Weinqarten and now offers more than 900 shades of nail colors. The most recent launches include haute in the shade and too taboo.
My beauty cache is stuffed with essie in every shade from blue and green to red and pink with lots of glitter in between. Fave raves are the silver and gold glitters because they go with everything, stay on forever and look great at the beach or pool , especially under the water where they sparkle like jewels.