On Thursday February 28th, TNA held their weekly Impact Wrestling episode live from Orlando, Florida, at the Impact Zone. According to TNAWrestling.com, the show opened up with Bully Ray coming down to the ring and talking about his world title match against champion Jeff Hardy, who on cue, came down to the ring to talk with Bully. Daniels and Kazarian come down to interrupt the promo, which sets up tonight's main event tag-team match.
Here are the quick results for tonight's Impact:
- Velvet Sky retains her Knockouts title by defeating Tara via pinfall
- Austin Aries defeats Hernandez via pinfall after hitting him with a foreign object
- In the surprise of the night, Kenny King upsets RVD to become the new X-Division champion
- Aces and 8's call out Sting and demand to know who the Stinger names as his partners. Sting announces that Samoa Joe, Magnus, Cowboy James Storm and a returning Eric Young are his partners. EY sneaks up from behind and attacks Aces & 8's. A huge brawl ensues.
- In the Gut Check match of the night, Ivelise Felez defeats Lei'D Tapa via submission
- A video package of AJ Styles' wife and best friend talking about how much AJ has changed. AJ shows up and takes off all disgusted after seeing the TNA cameras.
- Robbie E. tries to attack Robbie T. during a promo but Big Rob chases off little Rob
- Aries tries to go to both Bully Ray and Jeff Hardy backstage to agitate them
- Bully Ray and Jeff Hardy defeat Kaz and Daniels after Hardy hit the swanton bomb
- The show ends with Angle attacking Aces & 8's only to unmask the VP, freak out and then get attacked by the rest of the club.
Tonight's episode was entertaining. Aries, Kaz and Daniels continue to make Impact the most entertaining wrestling show on television. Kenny King's victory over RVD was a bit of a surprise but well earned. EY returning definitely adds some depth to the roster. Stay tuned for more articles of my TNA Impact analysis.