The WWE has been involved in a lawsuit with TNA Impact Wrestling since August 2012. PWInsider.com reported on Jan. 17 that TNA has now withdrawn the lawsuit against the WWE and both sides have agreed to pay their own legal costs.
TNA originally sued the WWE when a former TNA employee named Brian Wittenstein gave the WWE a flash drive containing confidential TNA documents, including contracts and talent contacts. The WWE immediately contacted TNA and told them about the incident, but Ric Flair asked for his release at the same time and TNA believed there was more to the theft on WWE's behalf.
The WWE has always proclaimed innocence and said they policed themselves when they reported the situation to TNA.
In the withdrawal of the lawwuit, the judge signed off on it and ordered Wittenstein, who was also named in the suit, to return the flash drive and all information he stole from TNA. The court also handed Wittenstein a gag order forbidding him from discussing with any third parties, including WWE, any information that would breach his original contract with TNA.
WWE has refused to sign any former TNA talent while the lawsuit was in action, and Ric Flair appearing last month was the first time they came close. Now that the lawsuit has ended, the WWE might feel safer in signing former TNA wrestlers.
Whether a settlement was reached out of court or not remains unknown.
For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please click here and then click the subscribe button. Also feel free to follow me on: Twitter @starvingdogs, GooglePlus or join my group on Facebook.