This Christmas cookie is a little bit different than most. First off, you will melt the butter before making the dough. Secondly, you'll be using brown sugar instead of white and thirdly, they'll be rolled in raw sugar and by the time they escape the oven, they'll have s slight sugar shell to them.
These cookies are very easy to prepare, You won't need any cookie-cutter or fancy cookie presses. All you'll need are the ingredients and your hands.
Ingredients needed to make Brown Sugar Honey Butter Ball Christmas Cookies (amount depends on size):
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- raw sugar for topping
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon sheet.
- Into a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the melted butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until a stiff dough forms.
- Pinch off pieces of dough about the size of a walnut and roll into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the raw sugar, coating the entire cookie.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
Looking for the perfect Christmas gift for the cook on your list? The internationally bestselling cookbook, Edwardian Cooking: 80 Recipes Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals," by Chef Larry Edwards is now in its third printing and available worldwide.