There is no greater shock or hurt in a relationship than to discover that the man you love has cheated on you. No matter what your definition of “cheating” is, the anger, disbelief, emotional devastation, and self-doubt caused by your partner’s actions have turned your romance and dreams for the future into a nightmare. As you confront the situation here are some tips from a psychic’s perspective that can help you survive the trauma of infidelity:
- Breathe - When your emotions are in turmoil you send out negative psychic energy that only reinforces the internal chaos that you are feeling. The first step in surviving cheating is to take a step back emotionally. The best way to do this (after the initial shock of discovery) is to set aside a few moments before going to sleep and focus on taking some deep, cleansing breaths. What this does is to allow your psyche to release some of the tension so that you are rebalancing your emotional energies to a more neutral state which is the first step to moving forward.
- Speak - Actually articulating in words your feelings and emotions is important, both from a spiritual and psychic perspective. Seek out someone that you can honestly share your feelings with and tell them what has happened and how you feel. Don’t try to ask advice as to what you should do at this time. The key here is to take the hurt and anger that you feel and externalize it rather than letting it consume you inwardly. If you don’t have a close confidant, a trained psychic advisor can also be a good sounding board.
- Listen - Having calmed your thoughts and emotions (as much as possible) and then expressing those feelings openly, it is now time to listen to the responses. These will come in two ways: external (as in from the person or persons you are sharing this with) and internal (your own spiritual essence). The external responses can help you to validate what you are feeling (i.e., that you aren’t just imaging things, that what you feel is valid, etc.) and to provide an outsider’s view that is not colored by the emotions you feel.
The internal response is that resonance from the spiritual side that can provide an understanding of what his cheating means in terms of you staying in the relationship and how you should respond. Although you may not have consciously thought of these things, your emotional bond with them will have picked up information that you can access.
The easiest way to do this is to use a single candle and, focusing on the flame, imagine that you are listening to a recording from your spirit; it may astound you just what information will be revealed that you were not consciously aware of.
- Analyze - Before confronting him, it is important that you give full consideration to the feelings that you have articulated, the responses that you have received (both externally and internally) and the intuitive psychic energy and knowledge that you have tapped into concerning the state of the relationship.
- Some questions that you should address are: Was this a one-time thing or has this been a pattern (i.e., serial cheater)? Was the “other person” someone from the past or someone new? How did the respond to your discovery of the infidelity and the cheater? (Sorrow, denial, accusatory, defiant, etc.) Last, but most importantly, do you believe their response? The answers you arrive at during this process will help guide you on the path forward.
Dealing with a cheating in love and relationships is never easy. It is likely that their cheating will always be a part of the history between the two of you. By following the tips listed, you can gain a better perspective on whether to forgive them or forget them. Regardless of the choice you make, remember that, in the realm of the spirit , we are always at a beginning and the closing of one door often means the opening of another, better pathway to tomorrow.
About the author: