It’s always hard to know what exactly to do to either ease the pain of sunburn and how to get rid of it. One sure fire way of getting rid of sunburn is to not get one. But that’s a given that most people should know. How do you get rid of the one that you have or how do you ease the pain of the one that you may already have? Here are a few home remedy tips that may or may not work for you (I have personally not tried any of these except Aloe Vera):
- Soak in Green Tea. Either brew the tea and let it cool off and then pour into a cool bath or let the bags soak in a cool bath while you’re in it.
- Oatmeal Therapy.
- Soothe with Baking Soda. Can’t say one way or another if this works.
- Apply Aloe Vera. Used it and works. Helps in aiding sunburn in cooling and easing pain. May not work with everyone.
- Stay Hydrated. This is a given when you’re dealing with the sun & heat, but is even much more needed when you have a sunburn.
- Taking cool showers and/or baths. Taking hot showers will only make your sunburn worse.
- After Sun Lotion and/or a good moisturizer. This is one that I know works whenever I have gotten sunburned. I have put these in the refrigerator to get cold. Once cold, these feel so good on your skin and help to sooth the pain and aids in the peeling process.
I personally have not tried any of these except using Aloe Vera, taking cool showers and/or baths and After Sun Lotion/moisturizers. The others that are listed are home remedies that were collected from some of my readers. Please consult your physician before trying any of these.