It has always been tricky to look good on photos. Well, not if you are a professional model who knows all the great angles and has a really big confidence even when in front of glaring lights and numerous lens. For average people, I am talking non show business ones, it is hard.
Probably the hardest to pose to is for pictures taken waist up. It is hard to incorporate movement in those kinds of shots making the subject feel a little tense and out of his zone. If you feel that way when taking photos, here are tips for you.
1. Try to be a little comfortable. I know this might be hard but try talking to your photographer. Befriend him. Tell him that you feel awkward, if you do, so that he might help you.
2. Find your best angle. Take some test shots of different your different profiles and decide which one looks best to you. Practice your smile on this angle in front of the mirror. It might feel weird at first, but it will pay off!
3. Do not tense up your face. If you feel a little tense on your forehead, try moving your eyebrows up and down. If you feel awkward with your smile, motorboat your lips. This will help relax your muscles.
4. Do not force your smile. A forced smile looks so much worse than a frown in photos. Try to be as natural as possible. It is okay to squint your eyes a little if that is how you usually smile. When you try to make your eyes look big on photos, it just looks weird.
5. Wear a makeup that makes you feel flawless. Like the model here you can enhance the eyes and keep a soft neutral lipstick color. This look will make you more comfortable to smile and be playful in front of the camera.
6. To make your teeth shine you can put a little Vaseline on the front.
7. And lastly, be yourself! It sounds cliché but it is the best tip there is. Just enjoy your time in front of the camera and your photos will surely look amazing.