While it may not be convenient or logistically possible to continue your regular training program while on vacation there are ways to maintain. Here are a few top tips for sticking to a training schedule while on Vacation:
- Plan in advance what days you plan to do what exact workout and at what time. Set an appointment with an agenda.
- If early morning workouts are scheduled, lay out your clothes, sneakers, heart rate monitor and wake up snack the night before.
- Get a little lost during your long cardio days. This is a favorite of mine. I love to explore new trails and often find I can run much longer than I though I could or planned.
- Look online for training facilities near by. Many vacation destinations welcome visitors, offering daily, weekly and monthly passes. Expect it to cost you at least $20, but if you call ahead you may be able to get a deal. On Martha's Vineyard there are 3 gyms available, and Nantucket has one. Both welcome daily and weekly passes.
- Check out the sites like Groupon and Buy With Me for the Cape and Island or Maine or Newport location (depending on you vacation) a few weeks leading up to it for deals on fitness facilities and classes.
- Bring your special foods for training! Bring something small before a morning workout like a banana of G Series FIT Prime bar.
If you have internet access as well, you can always watch a video on YouTube. Here is a favorite workout video for vacations.