Soft waves and undone hair are where it's at for spring 2013. As we transition to warmer weather, one of the easiest ways to make your look ready for the season is sporting a loose, undone hairstyle. There's definitely an art to looking good with messy hair. The key is to make it look effortless without going overboard on the frizz or flyaways.
Check out more of our favorite hairstyles on Pinterest.
- Undone hairstyles work best with slightly dirty hair. You want to have enough natural oils in the hair that the undone hairstyle will hold. If you're working with freshly clean hair, add a little hair wax to the bottom half of the of the hair so it will hold any artful muss you create.
- A deep side part keeps an undone bun or ponytail chic without much guesswork. Use a fine tooth comb to create a deep side part that slightly swoops over the eye.
- Braids are ideal for spring because they have that sweet, girlish look that can add a playful element to your look. Don't worry about perfecting the fishtail braid. Do a classic braid and then pull at the center of the braid to create texture.
- It's all about texture, so if an undone hairstyle is a regular thing for you, invest in a texturizing spray or sea salt spray that will create that matte look.
- Keep the hair around the face polished. Split hair in the center, on the side or smooth it back for the most pulled-together look that allows you to wear this hairstyle to the office.