I have always said that it is to plan your Disney World vacation to include a stay at one of the many Disney-themed resorts. Of course, staying off property may save you some money, however, the benefits involved with staying at a Disney resort far outweigh any savings.
It doesn’t matter if you are traveling with little ones or enjoying the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Resorts as an adults-only getaway. Disney has developed lots of fun and exciting activities and themes for guests of all ages. Plus, there are a tips to help you better enjoy your Disney vacation as a family, on a romantic getaway or having a family reunion. No matter how large or small your travel group is, a Disney resort is the way to spend your vacation.
Here are some useful tips to help ensure you fully enjoy your Disney vacation:
- Use Disney Transportation to get from your resort to the theme parks. Disney offers complimentary use of its buses, monorails and watercraft to all theme parks and the Downtown Disney area.
- Extra Magic Hours are offered to those guests staying at a Disney Resort. As a guest you will be allowed to enter the parks early and stay late on select days of the week.
- Use the in-room refrigerator to hold leftovers from dinner or medications. Refrigerators are available at select resorts and can be rented at resorts without them already in the room.
Here are some Disney Resort tips for those of you traveling with smaller children:
- Reserve a crib, which will be set up in your room before arrival. You can also request bed guardrails to prevent little ones from rolling out of bed.
- Take a night off from the kids and sign up for the in-room baby-sitting service (for an additional fee). Or give the kids a night away from mom and dad by sending them to one of the kid’s clubs, such as the Neverland Club or Simba’s Cubhouse. Check with your resort’s concierge service for a list of baby-sitting and kid’s club services.
The most important tip I can give you is to relax, have fun and enjoy yourself during your vacation.