There are a lot of ways of going green at home with recycling, water conservation, using environmentally friendly cleaning products, but what about where we spend most of the day - at work?
Here are a few tips to help a person to be a good green citizen at work:
- If you are leaving your office for a period of time, turn off the lights.
- Use a ceramic or glass coffee mug instead of Styrofoam or paper. The disposable cups stay around in landfills for up to nine generations
- Use the double-sided option when printing and copying.
- Avoid using rubber bands. They are made from crude oil and are synthetic. Use and reuse paper clips and binder clips instead.
- Use the standby setting on printers when not in use to conserve energy.
Just paying attention to these few suggestions can do a lot to conserve limited resources and reduce waste.