It’s the beginning of a new year, and the perfect time to start anew with your goals and aspirations for your business. The first step in getting started on the right foot for the New Year is getting everything organized. Once you have everything in it’s right place, it will be easier to not feel cluttered or lost. Here are some tips for getting started!
1. Decide the best process that works for you. Whether it is online, on your desktop, or in a filing cabinet, decide what will be easiest and most efficient for you. Then stick to it. Make sure you get receipts of everything and you file them month-to-month. This will help you keep track of what is happening and will make it easier for you to find things if you need them.
2. Create folders in your email inbox. It is easy to get overwhelmed by emails. Make sure to create new folders for all of the pertinent things you have day-to-day. Whether that is organizing it by client or by task, this will help you to focus on one thing at a time.
3. Label everything. It might feel tedious at first, but labeling everything in your emails and filing systems will save you so much time. If you simply label things as you are starting to organize, you will know where to puts things and it will help you find documents quicker.
4. Clean off your desk. If your desk has post-it notes everywhere and papers stacked in the corner, take the time to clean it off. File the papers, consolidate your sticky notes and take a breather. By clearing off your desk you will feel more relaxed and less stressed about the tasks ahead.
5. Create a good office-vibe. Now is the time to clean up the office and re-organize the set up. Make sure it looks great and is a place for productivity and inspiration. Make it a place you look forward to spending your time.