Want healthy looking skin? Here are 5 tips to that can help your skin go a long way:
- Protect your skin from the sun. This tip is one that can’t be stressed enough. Make sure to use sunscreen daily, seek shade when if and when needed, and wear protective clothing.
- Don’t smoke. Did you know that by smoking, it makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles? If you do smoke, quit. It’s doing damage that you don’t need.
- Treat your skin gently. Long showers and/or baths and using hot water remove oils from your skin. Limit your showers & baths and use warm instead of hot water.
- Eat a healthy diet. Having a healthy diet can help your skin look younger and make you feel better in the process.
- Manage stress. Having uncontrolled stress can trigger acne and make your skin more vulnerable to wrinkles, etc.
Protecting your skin from the sun, even in the fall and winter and when it’s shady, can go a long way. Seek shade and wear protective helps as well. If you don’t smoke, that’s one thing in the right direction. If you do smoke, quit so that it helps your skin (and your health) from wrinkles and making you look older than you really are. Treating your skin gently by not using harsh soaps and chemicals that strip your skins oils. Make sure to eat a healthy diet. And managing your stress levels and keeping them at a rate that doesn’t make your skin, and you, susceptible to more damage than needed.