On Monday, Politico's Mike Allen said that a "tippy-top" Democratic official engaged in violent rhetoric, telling the online publication the reason Senate Democrats will not budge on the continuing resolution is that the time has come to punch Republicans in the nose.
“Time to punch the bully in his nose," the unnamed Democrat said, according to Allen.
"Lets pretend that a Republican said this about Obama and see what happens," one person countered.
Amanda Carpenter, speechwriter and senior communications adviser to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, responded with a short message.
"They want shutdown," she tweeted.
"'Tippy top' Dem official likens shutdown as a 'punch' to 'bullies.' They don't care about governing, they just want to hurt GOP," she added.
"President Obama and the Democrats hate Republicans more than they care about governing," Carpenter tweeted.
Calls for physical violence are nothing new for liberals, but it seems that more Democrats are willing to set aside Obama's call for a "new tone" in order to bully Republicans into advancing their agenda.
The statement reported by Allen comes on the heels of rhetoric used by top Democrats like Harry Reid and Barack Obama, both of whom have said that Republicans who want to fund the government while defunding Obamacare are "extremists" engaging in extortion.
As we reported earlier Monday, petitions on the White House website call for House Republicans to be named "terrorists" and demand they be tried for treason.
Twitchy wondered who would denounced the violent rhetoric.
The Twitchy staff reminded readers that "even disliking Obama is 'a sin' and, of course, racist."
Ironically, even as Democrats appear willing to foment violence against Republicans, DNC boss Debbie Wasserman Schultz claimed that Tea Party Republicans who want to see the government live within its means are "unhinged."
- Unhinged: Disgraced former Dem. official calls for eating Republicans, blowing up 2016 GOP convention
- Liberal graffiti states desire of leftists: ‘Kill all Republicans’
- The left’s answer for what ails America: Murder conservatives, NRA members
- White House petitions demand GOP arrested for treason, called terrorist group
- Hyper-partisan Obama in weekly address: 'Extremist' GOP set to shut down gov't (Video)
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- ‘Sick’ Brauer also encouraged cannibalism and bombing 2016 RNC: ‘I hate people’
- Calif. Dem. official to GOP staffer Amanda Carpenter: May your children all die
- UCSF fundraiser advocates withholding health care from Obamacare opponents
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.