1. With most couples, one spends, one saves
2. Whoever makes the most money has the control
3. Each person often feels he or she is giving the most
4. Time making money becomes more of a priority than the relationship
What to do:
1. Share resentments you have around money issues & try to find resolutions
2. Make deals about how much each person contributes
3. Keep 3 bank accounts, his, hers, and ours
4. Decide how much you can spend form the joint account without checking in with the other ($200?)
5. Respect each other’s values about money (savers vs. spenders), yet compromise to make the deal.
6. Keep out a certain amount of money that you’re not accountable to your mate for.