A timeline released by the Government Accountability Institute shows that Barack Obama failed to attend daily intelligence briefings for five consecutive days leading up to the Benghazi terror attack, Breitbart.com reported Thursday.
The timeline shows that Obama spent those days campaigning while terrorist forces "vowed Libyan attacks and State Department officials were warned of security threats," Breitbart.com said.
On Sept. 12, the day after the attack, Obama attended an intelligence briefing, then went to a campaign event in Las Vegas.
Shortly before the Benghazi attack, GAI published a report that said Obama had missed over half of the Presidential Daily Briefs held from the time he took office to mid-June 2012.
"During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time," Marc Thiessen wrote. "During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent."
George W. Bush, on the other hand, almost never missed his daily intelligence briefing.
At the time, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney called the report "hilarious."
"The President of the United States gets the presidential daily briefing every day. He always reads it, every day, because he’s a voracious consumer of all of his briefing material," Carney said.
Carney, GAI president Peter Schweizer said, "did not dispute the Government Accountability Institute’s actual numbers."
"That’s probably because our findings are drawn directly from the White House’s own calendar,” he added.
On Wednesday, the Senate released a devastating report showing the attack could have been prevented and says Hillary Clinton's State Department failed to appropriately upgrade security at the compound.
- Hillary Clinton: Truth about Benghazi attack doesn't matter
- Report says Obama knew Benghazi was a terror attack, lied about video
- Democratic pollster: Media a threat to America for not exposing Benghazi lies
- Emails reveal White House knew terror group behind Benghazi attack
- White House admits lying about Obama meeting Kenyan uncle
- Obama: Controversy over Benghazi talking points a 'sideshow'
- NBC spiked story identifying Benghazi whistleblower as Democrat, Obama voter
- Transparency or cover-up? 'Off-the-record' briefing becomes 'deep background'
- Sen. James Inhofe: Obama could face impeachment over Benghazi cover-up