Rising starlet and Mad Men darling Kiernan Shipka takes her jewelry selection seriously when making an impression on the red carpet. There are two jewelry designers that have captured her eye on more than one occasion – EF Collection and Dana Rebecca Designs.
The EF Collection includes 14k golds, micro pave diamond settings and vibrant, often one-of-a-kind stones jewelry pieces that are unique and timeless. Although the collection has a number of celeb fans, it is a line that not only appeals to a wide audience, but can also be worn day to-night and for any occasion.
Dana Gordon of Dana Rebecca Designs has created each of her collections with a passion for wearability and functional design. She’s made it her mission to design pieces that can be worn, loved, and shared each day – not waiting in a box for a special occasion.
The matter of selecting the right jewelry is one that goes beyond Hollywood and the red carpet and into the everyday lives of women. Regardless of a woman’s age, and lifestyle the perfect jewelry accents should always be considered to complete a look. So, both designers Dana Gordon of Dana Rebecca and Emily Goldstein of EF Collection have shared their tips on how to add the right jewelry pieces to any outfit.
Tips from Dana Gordon of Dana Rebecca Designs
1. I find that having clean and simple jewelry in one color palette will only add to a look, and never complicate it. Yellow gold is a classic, timeless choice, and of course diamonds always add to a women’s style and persona!
2. If you’re aiming for a statement look, keep your outfit monochromatic and choose a pop of color for your jewelry. Keeping the silhouette and color of the outfit simple while adding a bold cocktail ring or eye-catching earrings will allow these pieces to shine.
3. When choosing jewelry for special occasions, I like to use colorful gemstones to highlight my eye color. When shopping for earrings, select pieces that complement your eyes to really make them pop!
Tips from Emily Goldstein of EF Collection
1. When it comes to jewelry for red carpet, the most delicate pieces can often make the boldest of statements. Some of my favorite looks are when celebrities pair bold dresses with a dash of sparkle in a ring or cuff, which complements but doesn't overpower the look.
2. There are no rules… stacking rings and layering cuffs gives any look a new and unexpected twist. I encourage my clients to wear multiple rings, bracelets, and necklaces (don’t be afraid to mix metals!) to add dimension and flair.
3. If you’re wearing a great pair of statement earrings, take the opportunity to show them off! I love the hair up or swept to one side to keep the focus where it counts!