If you are a Time Warner Cable (TWC) customer in good standing, go to TWCStudios.com ASAP and request tickets to experience the wonder that is TWC Studios. The three-floor, action-paced venue is located at 441 W. 14th St. in NYC’s Meatpacking District, and is open through February 1st.
The 1st floor houses the TWC Main Stage (where Knicks legends John Starks and Walt “Clyde” Frazier spoke to fans yesterday), a TLC “Cake Boss” station with complimentary cake bites, cupcakes, pastries, coffee, and hot cocoa, and a Hallmark Channel greeting card station where guests can create and send e-cards.
On the second floor, a green screen is used to take a picture on the couch with your favorite host from NBC’s “The Tonight Show” (see my photo with Jay Leno on the left). Real life pirates, I mean actors, set the stage for guests in the Starz “Black Sails” Studio, and you can even do a little play-by play commentating behind the desk in the ESPN SportsCenter Studio. The Movies On Demand Experience introduces guests to some of the award-winning films available instantly on TWC, and free nail art is available in the TV Guide Network’s Nail Bar (promoting it’s reality show “Nail Files”).
The third floor has a large “Game of Thrones” exhibit with the actual costumes, weapons, and props used on the show. Guests can also use the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and feel like they are riding an elevator up and down a snowy cliff. The REVOLT Live Studio puts you on the set of Diddy’s new network, and you can don costumes, a spear, and a shield on History’s “Vikings” exhibit.
There are many more exhibits (a special thank you to our awesome tour guide, Dante) and each is interactive—all of your pictures, videos, and experiences can be sent to your Twitter, Facebook, and email accounts. Exclusive evening events this week include:
- tonight’s Showtime and Food Network’s “Ultimate Tailgate Experience” with celebrity chefs, the New York Giants’ Victor Cruz, and legendary coach Bill Cowher,
- FOX Sports 1’s “Thursday Night Super Bash” with Michael Strahan and a performance from Kings of Leon,
- ASPiRE’s “Ultimate 70s Soul Party” Friday night with Magic Johnson and a performance from the O’Jays,
- “Connect a Million Minds Family Day” with Victor Cruz and celebrity chef Anne Burrell on Saturday morning,
- and the REVOLT TV party featuring Diddy himself and a performance by hip-hop/R&B superstar, Drake.
For more information, visit www.TWCStudios.com.