"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it." William Pitt the Elder
"Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases." John Adams
The media has been very unwilling to report on the tsunami of corruption and dark dealings by Democratic leaders across the country. They take their role as cheerleaders of the current administration above that of journalistic integrity. If President Obama or his minions publicly states that the sky was green and the grass was blue; they would go to their graves believing it.
A recent FOX News story "Corruption probes hitting Dems across the country." covered a few of these do as I say not as I do leaders:
- California State Senator Leland Yee, a rabid anti-gun hoplophobic zealot was caught trying to hook an undercover agent up with an international arms dealer. Had aspirations of being the next Eric "Fast and Furious" Holder.
- Anthony "Shaking My Head" Weiner's sex scandals.
- California State Senator Rod Wright was convicted of perjury and voter fraud. The dead do walk and vote Democratic.
- California (Sensing a pattern) State Senator Ron Calderon was indicted on federal corruption charges this February. He accepted $100,000 for himself and family in exchange for pushing tax credits for Democratic donors in Hollywood.
- Charlotte, NC Mayor Patrick Cannon was caught in an FBI sting and is facing federal corruption charges. He accepted $48,000 in cash, airline tickets, hotel rooms, and a luxury apartment from agents posing as real estate developers.
- Rhode Island House Speaker Gordon Fox resigned and announced he wouldn't run for re-election. This came a day after federal and state authorities raided his statehouse office.....coincidence....doubtful.
- District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray according to the U.S. Attorney was aware of a $668,000 "shadow campaign" to get him elected. Mayor Gray's case adds a sad but true meaning to the old joke of D.C. being the District of Criminals.
The liberal media is quick to point out the shortcomings, failures, and corruption in the Republican Party. When it's their home team they come down with selective amnesia. The sad truth is that most politicians are corrupt regardless of whether their name is followed by and "R" or a "D".
Politicians are willing to sell out anyone for personal fame and gain. This has never been more evident than in the case of Nevada's Harry Reid. Senator Reid, who considers patriotic Americans domestic terrorists may have collaborated with Communist Chinese interests possibly for a solar farm that led to the standoff with the Bureau of Land Management at the Bundy Ranch.
They are prime examples of hypocrisy in action. Former mayor Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns is filled with these do as I say not as I do criminals. Check for yourself at Stop the Bloomberg Gang. A truly shady bunch of cretins wanting to abrogate your rights.
Alabama isn't free from corruption by members of either party. Representative Barry Moore as reported by the Alabama Political Reporter's Lee Hedgepath and Bill Britt was criminally indicted by a Lee County Special Grand Jury. He was charged with two counts of perjury and two counts of misleading investigators. The Special Grand Jury is looking into allegations of corruption possibly going all the way up to Speaker of the House Mike Hubbard
John Rice of the Alabama Foundation for Limited Government responded to the arrest of Representative Moore stating that;
"Corrupt politicians have taken over Montgomery under the leadership of Mike Hubbard and Del Marsh, and the arrest of Rep. Moore is just the latest example of the devastating impact of corruption in Montgomery. Alabamians, we must clean up the rampant corruption in Montgomery and take our state back by demanding elected officials take a stand against corruption. The legislative leadership should also take a stand against corruption and sign the Anti-Corruption Pledge, which so far they ahve refused to sign while the culture of corruption in Montgomery spreads."
We must demand all our legislators take the pledge.
The Dynasty in Montgomery and across the state of career politicians must come to an end. Those loyal to special interests like the Alabama Education Association and the Business Council of Alabama do not have the people's best interest at heart. Most started out as statesmen but devolved into mere self serving politicians.
There are numerous challenges to the deeply rooted hold on power across the State of Alabama. Alabama Gazette columnist John Sophocleus discusses one such David in a battle with Goliath. His column "Mrs. Grant Goes to Montgomery - a.k.a. Goat Hill."
We have a historic opportunity as fed up minions to exercise our rarely used right to vote these bums out. We need to start from scratch with fresh faces and traditional conservative ideals...renewed vitality and true leadership.
One such group fighting to replace corrupt politicians with true statesmen is the the Alabama Federation for Limited Government (AFLG). We need to support them in holding our leaders accountable whether Republican of Democrat. This will require a grass roots effort fueled by citizen participation. Enough is enough of business as usual. We must ignite brush-fires of freedom in the minds of every Alabamian. Take part in taking Alabama back.